Saturday, June 25, 2011

Nobody wins with a head but

Does anybody else's little one wake up in the middle of the night and fart around for awhile and fall asleep? I usually don't hear Avery when she does this. She is still in a crib for safety reasons.  Last night I just happened to be headed to the washroom and I heard her. Then at 4am I heard the screaming crying. I knew the sound, it meant that her blankie was not in her bed. So I go into her room put it back it, give her some tight squeezes and try to get out of her room without a freak out. Did not work.


So by 9:30 am this morning she was a wild child crazy little thing. I was trying to get her to sit in the hug chair with me and she head butted me. That was it. I said you are going to take a nap whether you want to or not. I put her in her crib and two minutes later she was OUT. Like 4 hour long nap OUT.

If we didn't start making noises I bet she would have slept longer if we let her. She woke up very smiley and happy.  The rest of the day was pretty good. After a big lunch and lot's of milk she was calm enough to actually hang out with me on the couch.

Now the only issue is trying to get her to sleep now... I still hear her farting around in her crib and I'm ready for bed.

Now it's not the first time I've been head butted but normally with that I can get up and get out of the house and run but today I couldn't because my foot is currently in a boot in case I have a stress fracture. But whenever I get head butted I always say the line from Paul Blart: Mall Cop, "Nobody wins with a head but" it's very fitting for days like today.

3 comments:

  1. Just came across your blog. I'm an autism mommy, too. And a marathoner. (<---to stay sane) Wishing you a no head butt kinda day today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Little Miss can sit up in bed for an hour or more "singing" -- well, at least we call it singing. Really, it's more of a series of "whoop!" sounds and then things crashing. We are terrified to go up there some nights to see what she's been up to.

    But strangely enough, she somehow always ends up in her bed.... weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not been head-butted but have been on the receiving end of just about everything else. I'm glad she was able to get some ZZZ's. Hope tonight's better!

    ReplyDelete