Sunday, April 3, 2011

Team Avery - Don't Stop Believing

Well last year at the marathon expo we came across an Autism research group. We had just found out Avery had Autism and I already knew that when I ran this year that I would be raising money for Autism. So I looked at many groups. I do mean many groups. Which is depressing in itself that there are sooo many different groups for Autism research.  I decided to go with Operation Jack and create Team Avery. When I am done raising my money I'll get to choose which Autism group to donate my money to.

Some info on Operation Jack and how it started:

Operation Jack will be an attempt by Sam Felsenfeld to race at least one marathon a week in 2010 (61 total for the year) to generate attention that will raise funds and nationwide awareness for Train 4 Autism, an organization that works tirelessly to raise money for Autism charities.

I just want to run 1 marathon this year and that's a return to the Chicago Marathon. Well I might want to run more than one but I don't want to jinx myself so I'll keep it in my itty bitty head for now. ;)

Why should I have really called it Team Stinkerbutt? Because the kid is regular. Like really regular. lol. I can ask Paige if her sister has a bad diaper and she'll go "Yes she stinks!" lol. She is a stinker in general to. One day you'll be fussing that she's not doing something and next day she'll start doing it.

Unlike when I raised money for the American Heart Association last year there was a minimum donation online of $25, with Operation Jack there is no minimum so don't be afraid to say I only have a little to donate because I know how hard it is these days. Just know that whatever you donate will go to a great cause to help raise funds for Autism research.

So if you can today please click on Team Avery or Team Stinkerbutt's donation page  and help me get off to a great start with a donation!

Thank you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment